ELK GROVE BABE RUTH COACH OBLIGATIONS
“Elk Grove Babe Ruth, Teaching
Love of the Game Since 1962”
The above is not just a slogan, it is a mission statement. The positions of Manager and Coach are key to accomplishing this mission. For those reasons the Board of Directors has determined that each coach must accomplish the following steps:
- Each coach or manager, returning or new to the league, must re register on www.eghardball.com as a coach by signing up on our website and filling out a coach application for each season they coach. Go to the website, establish an account (no cost) and fill out the application to coach for the Spring 2020 season.
- Take the Coaching Youth Baseball certificate program on: www.baberuthcoaching.org/promotions/oct09.cfm ($20 cost) this test has to passed once. If you have already done this for EG Babe Ruth, you don’t need to retake the test. If you have taken and passed the test for Cal Ripken or another Babe Ruth program, send a copy of your certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Coaches and Managers must take an abuse prevention course as mandated by Babe Ruth National. The link to sign up is on the www.eghardball.com/coaches page and costs $10. The site is https://safetysystem.abusepreventionsystems.com/auth/sign_in. Once you have taken the course, you need not be retake it, assuming you pass the test.
- All Coaches must be fingerprinted through Elk Grove Babe Ruth every two years, fingerprinting for work or Cal Ripken league does not qualify for this requirement. A fingerprint team will be available at the Draft, 2/29/2020, at the Barn Café 8976 Grantline Rd. EG 95624, starting at 10 am, arrive early if you want to get fingerprinted as the team will only be present until the draft starts at 11am.
- All coaches, returning or new, must be approved by the Board before the Draft.